All residents over the age of 18 must complete an application including occupants not named on the lease. The top priority of our screening efforts is to assure we maintain the highest levels of safety and peace of mind for our community.
Every occupant on the lease must meet the screening requirements below.
Applications for residency will automatically be denied for the following reasons:
An unpaid debt owed to a previous landlord
A negative reference from a previous landlord
An eviction or breach of a lease by any applicant or occupant
More than 2 late pays towards rent or utilities; or 2 NSFs rent payments within the last 24 months
False information provided on the application
1. Rental History: Applicant must have a minimum of 6-months cumulative verifiable rental history or mortgage payment history within the last 12 months. If a previous landlord cannot be contacted, six consecutive months of proof of payment must be verified and a copy of the lease contract must be provided.
2. Employment: Applicant must have verifiable employment for a minimum of six (6) months. If employment is to begin within 30 days, the applicant must provide a Letter of intent to hire from the employer.
3. Income: Applicant must have a gross income that meets or exceeds three (3) times the rent. Roommates and married applicants may combine incomes to meet the income requirement.
4. Self-Employment, Retired or Unemployed: Such applicants must provide the previous year’s income tax return and/or two months of their most recent bank statements.
5. Credit: A credit report will be run on all applicants. Unfavorable activity which will negatively influence an applicants ability to be approved may include but are not limited to: collections, charge-off, bankruptcy, repossession, foreclosure and recent delinquencies.
6. Criminal History: A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupant over the age of 18. The application will be rejected for any of the following reported criminal related reasons that have occurred within the ten (10) years prior to the application date.
Any illegal drug related conviction
Any prostitution related conviction
Any sex related conviction
Any cruelty to animals related conviction
Misdemeanor conviction involving crime against persons or property
Active status on probation or parole resulting from any of the above
Any of the above related charges resulting in adjudication withheld and/or deferred adjudication
7. Falsification of Application: Any false information submitted by applicant will result in the automatic rejection of the application. In the event that an applicant who is occupying the premises is determined to have made false statements on their application, manager has the right to hold all deposits, fees paid and proceed with immediate eviction.
8. Incomplete Application: Applicants will not be considered until their application has been completed in full, submitted online and the application fee paid.
Nothing contained in these requirements shall constitute a guarantee or representation by us that all residents and occupants currently residing in the community have met these requirements. There may be residents and occupants that have resided in the community prior to these requirements going into effect. Additionally, our ability to verify whether these requirements have been met is limited to the information we receive from the various credit reporting services used. It is the policy of this community to comply with all applicable fair housing laws including those which prohibit discrimination against any person based on race, sex, religion, color, familial status, national origin or handicap.
Pennsylvania Station Apartment Homes | PH 913.775.2272 | 1701-1733 Lawrence Avenue, Leavenworth, KS 66048 | Copyright 2008